Firecracker time :)

, 2 Comments »
(In this entry I won't be writing in Chinese, because it's too long for me XD. Plus this entry format doesn't exactly allow me to write in Chinese. Whatevs)
***

College essays have been a pain in the ass lately. Ugh.

On the plus side though, I've been on a Buck-Tick spree. They're this Japanese rock band that's been around since forever (i.e. 1984). I believe they're still one of the most famous rock bands in Japan, though two of my Japanese friends haven't heard of them.

I think one of the reasons they've been around for a verrrry long time is their versatility. They love experimenting with different styles and cover different subjects, even if some of their fans don't. I always like bands and singers who experiment with styles, since hearing the same kind of sound over and over again does get very tiring.

So in the subject of styles, here are some of the many sounds of Buck Tick. They can range from moody and gothic:


to kinda apocalyptic, or at least that's what the music and the lyrics gave me the impression of:



to disturbingly upbeat:

(seriously, there's something kind of unsettling about 40-something year old men singing "Be my baby/Be bop a baby/She's my baby love.")


to perverted:

(a surprising amount of Buck Tick songs are about sex. Not that I care, because they're so fabulous that they can get away with almost anything. Good thing my parents don't understand Japanese or else I'd be grounded XD)

to just downright weird--Note the Engrish and silliness:


to a combination of both batshit insanity and pervertedness:

(The live is even weirder. He draws on this glass screen with lipstick, and then smothers his face all over the drawing.)

and many many more in between.

It helps that the band sounds bloody FANTASTIC live. Yes, that means the vocalist can actually sing damn well live.



I also promised myself not to dedicate a portion of this entry to mentioning how ridiculously hot the vocalist is for a 43 year old.

...Oh crap, I just did. Oops.

2 Responses to "Firecracker time :)"

cherry su Says :
November 29, 2009 at 12:52 PM

(In this entry I won't be writing in Chinese, because it's too long for me XD. Plus this entry format doesn't exactly allow me to write in Chinese. Whatevs)
you don't want me to make the motherland proud? ;_;

Hoolius McHoolia Says :
November 30, 2009 at 10:06 AM

The motherland allows me to occasionally write entire entries in English :D

Post a Comment